Paris to Ancaster 20km Practice Ride
Join us for a pre-ride and info session for the Paris to Ancaster: A Ride for Research
SATURDAY APRIL 1st, 9:00 AM
MORGAN FIRESTONE ARENA | | 385 Jerseyville Road, Ancaster
This free event is open to riders of all ages and to all riders whether you've already registered for the 20km route or are interested in learning more before signing up. If you are new to cycling or an avid rider, you will receive helpful information to prepare you for anything.
The coaching session will cover:
- tips for completing the 20km route
- basics for changing and optimizing your bike's gears
- safe brake and bike handling for different terrains & weather conditions
Following the coaching, join the group on a 15km practice ride. The
route will include a mix of paved roads, trails and the Martin Road climb that
is part of the Paris to Ancaster 70km. An alternate route may be used to make
the ride shorter depending on the needs of the riders.
What to bring for the Pre-Ride:
- a tuned-up mountain bike or a cyclo-cross bike with good traction
- water and snack
- a spare tube and pump is highly recommended
- any and all cycling questions!
Thank you to Ancaster Cycle for providing our lead instructors.
*Alternate/Rain Date - In the event of snow or bad weather, the alternate date will be proposed.